|This is a tutorial on how to link together multiple web pages using WebDummy!. This tutorial was also created by WebDummy!.|
Here are the steps you should take (note this can only be done in the registered version):
1) Create a new page in WebDummy! In the ADD LINKS section, create a link to the next page you want in your site. Use the URL "nextpage.html", not including the quotation marks. You will later create the page "nextpage.html" in WebDummy! after you are finished with this page. Label this link "Next Page".
2) Create a second link with the URL "index.html", where "index.html" is the name of this page you are creating. Label this link "Home".
3) Complete this page and save it as "index.html", which should come up by default as the filename. This will be your starting page. Publish this page.
4) Using WebDummy!, create a second page. In the ADD LINKS section, create a link with the URL "thirdpage.html". You will create "thirdpage.html" after you are finished with this one. Label this link "Next Page".
5) Add another link with the URL "nextpage.html". Label this link "Go Back".
6) Add another link with the URL "index.html". Label this link "Go Home".
7) Complete this page and instead of saving it again as "index.html", this time save it with the name "nextpage.html". Publish this page. Continue the steps above to create "thirdpage.html" and any other pages you wish to have as links. In your index.html links section, you could also add links to all of your expansion web pages you've created off of your main page. This way the user doesn't have to go in order (as we designed above) from one page to the next - he can just jump to the 5th page, etc.
This concludes the short tutorial on how to link multiple pages with WebDummy!. Again, this can only be done in the registered version. In the unregsitered version you can only save 1 web page.
Check out the links below for an example of what was explained in this tutorial.
Last Modified Tuesday, June 03, 2000
Copyright 2000 k.Soft
Created by WebDummy!.